Financial Aid / Loans Payment Modification Information
As a courtesy to our tenants who rely on financial aid or loans to pay for housing, we offer the option of modifying your payment schedule to (partially) coincide with your FinAid disbursements. We are not affiliated with UNH in any way and UNH will not pay us directly.
YOU OR YOUR PARENT ARE ALWAYS THE ONE(S) logging in to make payment. We have simply adjusted your payment schedule to match up with your FinAid disbursements.
You must carefully follow the instructions below to qualify for this special payment arrangement. Here are the Terms and Conditions and the complete process for requesting this arrangement:
- As with all other students, you must still pay your initial $250 Admin Fee at lease signing and the security deposit payment due on March 15.
- Before May 1 – use the form at the bottom of this page to submit proof of financial aid that COVERS HOUSING*. We realize you may not have financial aid awards showing for the new year yet, but we accept the current year’s information as long as you feel certain you will get similar benefits for the new year.
- As with all other students, you must make a full installment of your rent by May 15. This serves as an advanced payment on your LAST rent installment for May of the following year. (Payments normally run May 15 – April 15, although lease runs from June – May)
- The 11 installments remaining will be billed in 2 equal payments: one payment on October 15 and the 2nd payment on February 15. For example, if your remaining rent due for 11 months is $11,000, you will pay $5500 on Oct 15 and $5500 on Feb 15. Then you are done!
- If your payment(s) on Oct 15 or Feb 15 become past due, you are subject to late fees applied retroactively to more accurately quantify how many months late you are. If you are experiencing delays with disbursements, keep in touch with us and we may provide a longer grace period.
*Submit proof of financial aid coverage: In order to show us proof of your financial aid status, you will need to access your billing account on WebCat. Navigate to the financial aid award statement and either download it or take a screenshot. Then upload it to us when you fill in the form at the bottom of this page. This information is used to determine the full amount of funds available to you for housing needs and allows us to evaluate whether all or a portion of your rent will be covered.
Once your information has been received by our Leasing Office, you will be sent an email showing your Approval Status and will include your payment amounts and due dates for the entire term of your lease.
Should your financial aid / loan status change from one school year to the next, simply submit new billing information or guarantee letter to our leasing office to receive a new payment arrangement.
Any questions regarding rental payments should be directed to University Downtown’s General Manager who can answer all of your questions and guide you through the process. [email protected] or by phone at 603-868-9898.